[LinuxBIOS] W39V040BPZ or vt8237. Flashing problems.

Adam Talbot talbotx at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 23:22:33 CEST 2007

Have three motherboards running cn700, VT8237 chips set.  All three
boards have W39V040BPZ bios chips.  I can not program them with
flashrom.  Flashrom see the chip as W39V040B.  Flashrom start on the
flash and just sits there.  When flashed with the -V option I can see
the memory address is not changing.  But, big problem is the fact that
the chip does get a bit flashed, as, I can no longer boot. So there is
something happening.
Looking at the data sheet for the W39V040B, all the PZ gives me is the
PLCC package and lead free. So, is this a problem with the vt8237 south
bridge?  Where should I go to start debugging?
-Adam