[coreboot] core names

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Apr 11 19:11:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was reading up on the list and want to ask a favour from all.

I expect several cool payloads to pop up, much thanks to libpayload.

Please please do think about how you name them.

The name coreinfo is easy to confuse with coreboot. To make matters
worse, the two 'core' do not refer to the same thing.

There's nothing kernel-core about coreinfo whatsoever, so that
'core' simply refers to the coreboot project, for some reason.

Please try to avoid inheriting core like that and really think hard
about your payload names, because they CAN become immensely popular
and I know I want people to immediately understand what they do.

I'll be happy to help if you need to discuss name ideas. I'll try to
help with ideas but when short on time I may not always be very
creative. :\

//Peter