[coreboot] debugging symbols for final ROM image

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Tue Apr 22 01:08:36 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 12:41 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> I want people to be able to compile initram and stage2 against a
> shipped/burned ROM (which means the symbol table for the bootblock need
> to end up in ROM somehow).

So that's is to say, you want the ELF linking symbols (.symtab
section) , not the debug symbols.

In addition, you want to only keep the linker symbols needed for the
purpose you stated above, and strip the rest.

I wonder if binutils could handle that.  The "strip" command at least
lets you specify a list of symbols to keep.

--
Jeremy Jackson
Coplanar Networks
jerj at coplanar.net