[coreboot] Flashrom support for ST M50FLW040A/B

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Apr 25 19:45:19 CEST 2008

Hallo Claus,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 08:03:40AM +0200, Claus Gindhart wrote:
> I would propose, that support for the M50FLWxxx types
> (M50FLW040A,M50FLW080A,M50FLW040B,M50FLW080B) should be
> implemented in a separate module, named m50flw0x0x.c.

Sounds good.

> If there is an agreement, i would provide this module.

Great!

> However, i can only verify this functionality with the M50FLW040A,
> but i would mention this fact in the comments.

That's fine. If the same code is supposed to work with more chips
then don't let lack of testing stop you from adding the chip entries
in flashchips.c.

> The information contained in this document is CONFIDENTIAL and
> property of Kontron.

Please discuss this text with your employer. I think there can be a
legal problem with adding claimed confidential source code to
coreboot. Yes, there is the Signed-off-by, which implicitly states
that the code is in fact not confidential, but since both signoff and
this text is part of the same email message I don't think it will be
possible to say that one has priority over the other.

(Plus, it is a little strange to tell everyone that you send
confidential information in clear text to the internet.)

//Peter