[coreboot] Problems with newer revision

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 17:24:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Klaus Stammermann
<klaus.stammermann at ibnoetzold.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to use coreboot on VIA EPIA ME6000G. With revision 2184 system
> starts but with newest revision there are some problems.
>
> Because of changing path to repository in past a diff on my sandbox
> doesn't work. Could anyone explain why there are changes so my board
> starts only with an old revision?
>
> I know you can't test new revisions with all boards, but there where about
> 1300 new one. Does no one use this board or is there no development for
> ME6000G anymore?

unless you have a need for a new rev on an old board, just stick with
the old rev. It's not possible to keep all new revs compatible with
all old boards. Sometimes a chipset bug requires a fix on a new board
that breaks an old board and there is no way to verify the breakage.

ron