[coreboot] Fam10h support for Tyan S2912-E

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at dolphinics.no
Tue Aug 5 09:27:47 CEST 2008

Marc Jones <Marc.Jones at amd.com> writes:
> Hi Arne,
>
> If you are prepared to do firmware development (socketed ROM, etc) the
> port should not be too difficult. The amd/serengeti_cheetah_fam10
> mainboard should be a good example to work from. It is helpful if you
> have access to motherboard and chipset documents.

I have a RD1-PMC4 BIOS savior from a previos project that I've installed
on the system.  The vendor BIOS is twice the size of the BIOS Savior
flash, but I'm not sure if this is important or not.  The BIOS Savior
has had coreboot installed previously.

I was kind of hoping that the presence of a regular S2912 port would
make the need for mb/chipset docs less pressing.  Pointers to relevant
docs would be much appreciated.  (I think I have most of what I need as
far as platform/AMD docs go.)

Do you think it would make more sense to start out from the
cheetah_fam10 codebase or the regular s2912 codebase?  My initial
impulse was to adapt the s2912 codebase according to the diff between
the cheetah and cheetah_fam10 targets and see how far that got me.

Thanks!

--
								Arne.