[coreboot] K8 and Fam10 CAR

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 17:12:02 CEST 2008

On 06.08.2008 16:13, ron minnich wrote:
> oh yeah. Be aware that on v3 we return from car to the main code, so
> the stack has to be preserved. We may want to move the CAR area to a
> real memory area as we did on V3. But is this possible?

In theory, it should work. In practice, at least some SimNow version
choked on the patches I had which moved the CAR area. I shall dig them
up again and have someone check them on real hardware. Of course it is
possible that my patches were faulty. To be honest, I have the feeling I
forgot to change some other code which references the old location.

> We also need to get disable_car() working.

Yes, definitely.

Hmmm... found the patch. Attached.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel