[coreboot] brainstorm: new LPC dongle from Artec Group

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Aug 8 17:34:12 CEST 2008

Marc Jones wrote:
> Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>> Dear Martin-Éric,
>>

>> * 0x3f8 serial port logging support on lpc. (Sorry, I never looked
>> into this)
>>
> Good idea.
>
> Power and reset headers are handy for remote development. Maybe the
> GPIO header could be used for that on the current model?
Yes, I believe it could be done. The bigger task though is getting the
"reset LPC part after flash update" part right. The VHDL code locks the
LPC side of the dongle during flash update, so no interference can
happen. But it stays that way after the update. There might be reasons
for that, I am not sure.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613