[coreboot] brainstorm: new LPC dongle from Artec Group

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Aug 9 01:47:56 CEST 2008

Hi Martin-Éric,

On 08.08.2008 13:15, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Noticing that the main community of users for Artec Group's LPC dongle
> has been at Coreboot, I have two announcements to make:
>
> 1) The current LPC dongle model is EOL.  Some components no longer exist
> on the market so, after the batch we're producing this month, it's gone.

That's unfortunate.

> 2) We're already working on a new LPC dongle to replace the current one.

Now that's great.

> In conjunction with item #2 above, we are hereby giving the Coreboot
> community an opportunity to influence the design of this new product.
> While we cannot guarantee that every idea submitted will be used, we
> will definitely be reading all the feedback we receive.

Cool, thanks for giving us this opportunity.

> The end result will be an even better LPC dongle that serves the growing
> needs of the embedded hardware developer community.

A few suggestions to improve on the already great dongle:
- It's a LPC dongle, but having SPI support as well would be really cool.
- Maybe sell a dongle<->PLCC32 connector as well.
- Provide a memory access (read/write) logger with timing info.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/