[coreboot] Google Mail issues

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 12 00:26:40 CEST 2008

Hello!
How many of us on this list also use Google Mail for the obvious reasons?

Most of us may not be aware of this, but the entire Google site runs on a
gaggle of used machines (well they were used the last time I had met with an
engineering boffin from Google, myself and the LUG I belong to.), basically
the 502 error message refers to hardware issues.

In this case one of those machines had finally crashed, with what was once
called a solid failure, and it needed to be replaced. Unfortunately instead
of being assigned to Google the search engine, it was assigned to Google the
Mail services.

Hence the persistent 502 error message, and the issues concerning not being
able to reach our mail messages. (And other data stored there as well.) And
naturally it had just revived a few minutes ago.

Ron, you are also welcome to dispute what I have just related.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net