[coreboot] Fam10h support for Tyan S2912-E

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Aug 14 16:38:40 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:20:20AM +0200, Arne Georg Gleditsch wrote:
> Marc Jones <marc.jones at amd.com> writes:
> > The log looks good from the CPU side. I didn't look at the diff. When
> > it is ready you should submit it with a signed-off-by.
>
> Yep.  I'd like to get some input on the SATA issues before I do so,
> though.  If there's anyone with previous experience with the MCP55,

Oh wait, this is mcp55 too? I must have misread the datasheet for the board,
somehow I thought it was serverworks.

> ideally on the same mainboard, who could comment on how things work for
> them, that'd be great.  It would be helpful to get some indication of
> whether the SATA issues in particular are caused by my changes or are
> inherent to the mainboard.  (Unfortunately, I haven't got an appropriate
> CPU at hand myself, so I can't readily test the mainboard with the
> existing revF coreboot port.)

Right. I don't have your board, but I do have several different mcp55 boards
(gigabyte m57sli, supermicro h8dmr) and sata works on both those boards
(though I may not have tested quite all ports).

What was the issue you're seeing?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator