[coreboot] coreboot contributors

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 02:11:45 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the wiki page about contributors is woefully out of date:
> http://www.coreboot.org/Contributors

that page is unchanged since about 2002!

It would be wonderful to get it updated.

> I'm trying to clarify the status of various people on-list before I edit
> the wiki. How do we handle non-code contributions (hardware donations,
> booth help etc.)?
>
> Developers
>
>    * Ron Minnich <http://public.lanl.gov/rminnich/index.html>, PI at LANL

Ron Minnich

>    * Eric Biederman (inactive)
>    * James Hendricks (inactive)
>    * Ollie Lho (inactive)
>    * Jason Potnick (inactive)
>    * Tyson Sawyer (inactive)
>    * Eric Seppanen (inactive)
>    * Dale Webster (inactive)
>    * David Woodhouse (inactive)
>    * Denis Dowling (inactive)
>    * Ronnie Liu (inactive)
>    * Yinghai Lu (?)
>    * Stefan Reinauer <http://www.coresystems.de/>
>    * Greg Watson (?)
>    * Richard Smith (inactive)
>    * Mathieu Deschamps (inactive)
>    * Uwe Hermann
>

> And special thanks to ..
>
>    * OpenBIOS <http://www.openbios.org/>, Stefan Reinauer, et al.
>    * FreeBIOS, Johan Rydberg, Jeff Garzik

Johan wrote the code that we based v1 on. Jeff got us that code.

>    * Acer: Ronnie Liu, Robert CL Lin, Johnson Hsieh, Emily Jiang
Past supporters.

>    * Debian Commercial Japan <http://debian.co.jp/>
>    * Electronics for Imaging <http://www.efi.com/>: Manpreet Singh
>    * SiS <http://www.sis.com.tw>: Ollie Lho, K.M. Liu, et al.
>      (developers of the SiS966 port missing)
>    * VIA: Charlie Chen, Cindy Lee, Mike Fen, Jack Liaw, et al. (who else?)

That's all I recall. But we need to get the VIA guy who just
contributed code into the active lst.

>    * cwlinux <http://www.cwlinux.com>: Andrew Ip et. al.
>    * Adam Agnew
Past developer.

>    * Bari Ari (maybe list as developer?)
Yep.

>    * Sung-Eun Choi

>    * Niklas Ekstrom
>    * David Hendricks
>    * Erik Hendriks
>    * Andrey Mirtchovski
>    * Levi Khatskevitch
>    * Dean Risinger
>    * Suravee Suthikulpanit
>    * Konstantin Zhidkov

All honorable mention as past developer. Dean Risinger wrote the V1
config tool.

> Missing from the list are:
>
> - AMD (Marc Jones, Jordan Crouse)
> - Arne Georg Gleditsch (for LXR and Tyan Fam10h)
> - Artec Group (Mart Raudsepp, Martin-Eric Racine)
> - Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> - Corey Osgood
> - Ed Swierk (list him under Arastra?)
> - Harald Gutmann(?)
> - Jonathan A. Kollasch
> - Joseph Smith
> - Jürgen Beisert
> - Kevin O'Connor (or does he get his own credit section for SeaBIOS?)
> - Myles Watson
> - Patrick Georgi (or does he belong to the OpenBIOS section?)
> - Peter Stuge
> - /Reinder/ E.N. de Haan (did I get the name right?)
> - Ronald Hoogenboom
> - Rudolf Marek
> - Segher Boessenkool(?)
> - Tom Sylla (still active?)
> - Torsten Duwe
> - Ward Vandewege

Yep, put them at the top. Yep, Tom Sylla is still very crucial to us.

Previous developers (put the inactives here with a special note of thanks)