[coreboot] Resource Allocation discussion

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue Dec 2 17:30:17 CET 2008

Myles Watson wrote:

> [...]

The K8M890 APIC decodes only 256 bytes. Some APICs can decode more.

> Which device should logically own the ACPI resources?  We can just allocate
> them there.  I vote for the domain or the mainboard (root device) to own
> them.

Here is something how the other resources from host bus and PCI bus are handled:

http://www.acpi.info/acpi_faq.htm

How do I report a CPU-to-PCI bridge (root PCI Bus) in the ACPI NameSpace?

And also some more about the ACPI representation in:
http://www.google.cz/search?hl=cs&q=%22PCI+Firmware+Specification%22+filetype%3Apdf&btnG=Hledat&lr=
http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/conventional/pci_firmware/PCI_FW_Slot_Power_ECN_website.pdf

> I'm in too deep here.  I'm hoping that we can figure out resource allocation
> a little better before we move on to ACPI tables.

Yes ;)

Rudolf