[coreboot] #103: flashrom: Don't exit() after successful erase; enable testing all operations in one invocation

coreboot svn at coreboot.org
Sat Dec 6 23:48:48 CET 2008

#103: flashrom: Don't exit() after successful erase; enable testing all
operations in one invocation
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
   Reporter:  stuge               |          Owner:  stuge
       Type:  enhancement         |         Status:  assigned
Patchstatus:  patch needs review  |
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Changes (by stuge):

  * priority:  minor => major

Comment:

 I suggested adding -T in #106 (dup of this) and I closed it because the
 patch suggested here achieves the same thing but with the user interface
 -Ewv (already familiar options) instead of -T (which would be new).

 But if everyone is really serious about restricting what flashrom lets the
 user do - unless it is invoked a special way - I guess that's what we have
 to do, but I think it's silly. Let user shoot foot if they try - that's
 why I fell in love with UNIX anyway.

 (And I don't think simplifying the test procedure from many
 flashrom+hexdump commands into a single flashrom command is minor, so
 changing prio back.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/ticket/103#comment:7>
coreboot <http://www.coreboot.org/>