[coreboot] LPCflasher rename to Paraflasher

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Fri Dec 12 20:32:12 CET 2008

Uwe Hermann wrote:

> We could do that (I removed the old LPCflasher wiki page), but is it
> really needed? The page explicitly said that there are no external
> links to it (or there shouldn't be) and this is all work in progress.
>
> If possible, I'd like to get rid of that page ASAP (before more people
> bookmark it or link to it). If there are already many links to it we
> can add a redirect, but I'd like to avoid it. Everybody should
> bookmark the Paraflasher page.

Bookmarking is not the biggest problem here.

Most people would find LPCFlasher via Goggle:

http://www.google.com/search?q=LPCFlasher&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org
.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Sorry, there are already dozens of links to the LPCFlasher Wiki page,
though obviously not every hit in this search includes one.

A redirect may be the only option now.  When new original, content to
the LPCFlasher page is added, a reference to LPCFlasher being the
original name of ParaFlasher would in addition be required.

This mess is the result of the coreboot mailing list being archived
and mirrored on many different servers.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs