[coreboot] LPCflasher rename to Paraflasher

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Dec 12 22:34:53 CET 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:32:12 -0600, <Ken.Fuchs at bench.com> wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
>
>> We could do that (I removed the old LPCflasher wiki page), but is it
>> really needed? The page explicitly said that there are no external
>> links to it (or there shouldn't be) and this is all work in progress.
>>
>> If possible, I'd like to get rid of that page ASAP (before more people
>> bookmark it or link to it). If there are already many links to it we
>> can add a redirect, but I'd like to avoid it. Everybody should
>> bookmark the Paraflasher page.
>
> Bookmarking is not the biggest problem here.
>
> Most people would find LPCFlasher via Goggle:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=LPCFlasher&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org
> .mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
>
> Sorry, there are already dozens of links to the LPCFlasher Wiki page,
> though obviously not every hit in this search includes one.
>
> A redirect may be the only option now.  When new original, content to
> the LPCFlasher page is added, a reference to LPCFlasher being the
> original name of ParaFlasher would in addition be required.
>
> This mess is the result of the coreboot mailing list being archived
> and mirrored on many different servers.

Most of those googles only point to the mailing list. Do a search of the
link directly for more accurate results

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=org&q=www.coreboot.org/LPCflasher&start=0&sa=N

which also point to a bunch of point to the mailing list and only a couple
of links one of which is my site that I have already updated. I don't think
we really have much to worry about. But id Uwe wants to put a redirect,
feel free.

Thanks,
Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux