[coreboot] Athlon XP discussion

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Dec 13 05:49:48 CET 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> But you have to admit that it would be cool to see a Athlon XP
> board booting coreboot

I think it is very important for coreboot to focus on hardware that
is new enough that it will still be sold for as long time as possible
after the coreboot code has been finished.

At the moment we don't get very good results here because coreboot
work has always started late in the hardware lifecycle. I hope this
will improve in the future.

It is key to keep looking forward. But older hardware can be good
learning projects, assuming documentation is readily available.

//Peter