[coreboot] [RFC] Here we go... the SLOF biosemu for coreboot-v3

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Dec 13 20:30:02 CET 2008

On 12.12.2008 19:57, ron minnich wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> So you'd rather that Pattrick and Kevin collaborate.  I'm fine with that.  I
>> didn't want to see a developer submitting working code that's ignored.
>>

> The conclusion we reached is that vga/rom setup is getting very
> complex, and that seabios does a very good job of it. Further, in most
> cases we need the interrupt vectors to remain active after the ROM has
> been executed. We felt it made no sense to replicate that capability
> in two places. So, yes, I think it makes the most sense in seabios.

I'd say we go ahead and commit BIOSemu to v3 now and think about the
SeaBIOS vs. BIOSemu decision later. After all, if we want to expand v3
beyond x86 (and some people really want that), we need an x86 emlulator
anyway. It might as well be somehting that has been tested in production.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/