[coreboot] Interesting (part of) article.

Jordan Crouse jordan at cosmicpenguin.net
Mon Dec 15 05:01:10 CET 2008

Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 01:57:26AM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
>> Tiago Marques wrote:
>>> If you can make Coreboot work well on an AMD 690G, I can talk to
>>> them about it.
>> By the time we do, the chipset may no longer be on the market. :\
>>
>> I doubt 690 will boost coreboot, it's just a little too old..
>
> Except for embedded, no? Jordan mentioned something along those lines.

As of early November, the 690/600 chipset was the flagship chipset of
the AMD Embedded Division.  However, its unlikely that many of those
products will end up being very accessible to our merry band of hackers,
at least not until eBay kicks in - most of the products I knew about
were real "embedded" (i.e - not just a desktop in disguise).

Jordan