[coreboot] More v3 questions/issues

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 00:12:27 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:25 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I saw that you moved something from phase6_init to phase2.  I don't think
> > that's necessary.  My understanding is that only things that are
> necessary
> > to enable basic things like bus reading and writing should go there.
>
> Yes, Myles is right: in general phase 2 is not needed, it is really
> there for pathological hardware ...

Ignore that part of the patch, I'm plugging at a couple other things at the
moment. I think you're reading the patch wrong, nothing should be moved to
phase2, some things are moved from phase2 to phase3_chip_setup (which is not
called atm), others might be moved to phase6_init. My problem at the moment
is the hang after pci_scan_bus with the error about being called for a PCI
domain, which is the same way it's called in qemu. I need to look at a qemu
boot log to see where the next step should be, does anyone have one handy? I
don't currently have QEMU set up.

Thanks,
Corey