[coreboot] 2 keypoints to use coreboot+seabios to achieveWINDOWS-XP's s3 sleep/resume

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Dec 19 17:08:50 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:18:36PM +0800, JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn wrote:
> > If it is desirable, we could have coreboot jump to SeaBIOS' post
> > vector (f000:fff0) on an S3 resume instead of the OS.  SeaBIOS would
> Jumping (f000:fff0) is used in V3? , I remember coreboot-v2 jump to
> SeaBios via a "elf" way.

On a normal boot, SeaBIOS would be copied to ram at 0xf0000 and
coreboot would jump to its elf entry point.

On an S3 resume, it is important that coreboot not overwrite the
memory at 0xf0000.  We could re-use the elf entry point for S3 resume,
but because we're not actually deploying the elf into memory it may be
simpler to use the standard 16bit entry point (f000:fff0).

-Kevin