[coreboot] YABEL and images in LAR files

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:05:37 CET 2008

I think it needs to be copied to RAM.  I was just wondering who should do
that copy.  YABEL doesn't have a way of knowing where to find the ROM for
onboard devices that have their ROM images imbedded in a LAR file.  That
information isn't in the ROM BAR.  That's why we pass the address to
bios_run.  Right now YABEL just ignores that address.

I was just trying to think of the cleanest way to handle the following
cases:
1. The device is an add-in card with its own ROM.
2. The device is onboard and coreboot has the ROM image.
3. The device is an add-in card and coreboot wants to initialize it with a
different ROM.

I know 3 is unusual, but it might be useful sometimes.

Thanks,
Myles