[coreboot] Flash equivalent table

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:43:44 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:

> > Anyway, I don't understand why we need a database. I think a wiki
> > page would be perfect.
> >

> OK then never mind, I don't have time to write the same thing on three
> different pages, If I need a compatible chip I will just ask the mailing
> list.

Here's what I'm imagining a table would look like (these values are probably
wrong):

*PLCC:*
| SST 49LF004                 |  512K  |  3.3V |
|  Winbond W39V080A     | 1024K |  3.3V |
|  PMC 49LF004               | 512K   |  3.3V |

* Yellow: FWH Blue: FWH Green: LPC/FWH

The mainboard page lists the flash part, say SST49LF004, and that's a link
to the PLCC table. It may also say something along the lines of "only
supports up to 2Mb/512K flash parts." To cross reference, you find a chip of
the same voltage and color in the table, or a "green" chip should work for
either FWH or LPC. Where's the data duplication?

-Corey