[coreboot] is ACPI a superset of _MP_ or not?

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 06:51:50 CET 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 7:33 PM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> * yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> [080210 02:49]:

> > > You dont need MP table in ACPI system.
> >
> > if you have acpi support in OS...
>
> Yes, of course. But it is one or the other. You never need/use both ACPI
> and _MP_, nor?

For LinuxBIOS support: make linuxbios provide ACPI table include MADT,
SRAT, SLIT...but not DSDT.

and linux kernel will use ACPI table with DSDT and use MP Table to get
irq routing for devices.

You can not dump the DSDT in legacy BIOS and decode it and use it for
LinuxBIOS. that CP is belong to phoenix or AMI instead of MB vendor.
except dsdt for 8111/8131/8132 is from AMD.

YH