[coreboot] patch: more path support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Feb 10 17:07:55 CET 2008

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 09:35:49PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> > It should be simple enough to get the type if struct property had
> > a struct node *node; member so that the owner->parent node could
> > be reached from within the property foreach loop.
>
> it's there.

Hmm. How?

> but that doesn't totally tell you what type of resource you have. I
> don't think.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying? I was thinking that:
(from your patch)

        cpus {
+               cpupath="0";

        apic {
                /config/("northbridge/amd/geodelx/apic");
+               apicpath="0,0,0";

                superio {
                        /config/("superio/winbond/w83627hf/dts");
+                       superiopath = "0x2e";

..it would be possible to determine resource type from the name of
the containing block. "cpus" => cpupath, "apic" => apicpath etc.

//Peter