[coreboot] patch: more path support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Feb 10 17:42:28 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 08:35:18AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> > Ron suggested to make this cpu at 0 { ... } and apic at 0,0,0 { ... }
> >
> > I like that idea a lot.

Are there enough common cases to make @<path> optional?

For superio it's required.

For cpu and apic on LX boards not so much.

For at least cpu on n-way K8 boards it will be useful again.

The <path> part has to accomodate also complex links and buses.
I guess the patch is already resource-type specific. (acpi has PCI,
superio has ioport..)

> I'll work up a patch for this. So look for the weird pcipath etc.
> stuff to go away, and we can use the dts more sensibly.

Cool.

> Can somebody think about the problem of the ID? How do we name the
> ID of something? In v2 we punted and made everything a
> device, vendor tuple --- i.e. it was all PCI ids.

What would such a global identifier be used for? One way to identify
something is by position in the dt, but you're asking for a new
"namespace" right?

//Peter