[coreboot] is ACPI a superset of _MP_ or not?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Feb 10 21:22:05 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 12:10:58PM -0800, yhlu wrote:
> If you have one DSDT that could handle irq routing, (that DSDT need
> one clean room implementation, instead of "stealing" or referring
> dumping from legacy BIOS)
> you could acpi with DSDT only.
>
> you will still need pirq table for some application to find slot
> number for pci card.

So these applications would read the table directly.

Are they running in Linux? Doesn't Linux offer an API with same
information?

> the tiny kernel need to have acpi support, and according to Andi
> that will need extra 270K bytes.

Ouch! Good to know!

Does anyone know how OLPC are doing with the device tree in x86
Linux? Seems that we want that (or another easy way to hand over
interrupt routing info to the kernel) pretty badly.

//Peter