[coreboot] Weirdness with lzma setting in v3

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Feb 12 00:28:20 CET 2008

On 11.02.2008 20:41, Myles Watson wrote:
>> Are you doing this on a 64bit machine?
>>

> Yes
>

>> I tested your stage2 file and it
>> was parsed correctly on my OpenSUSE 10.3 32bit machine. But it looks
>> like a bug in lar. I have no idea whether the lar and lzma code were
>> audited to be 64bit clean.
>>

> I guess not.
>

>> Can you compile a 32bit version of build/util/lar/lar and look whether
>> that works?
>>

> It works on my 32-bit machine as well.

OK, then we have some auditing to do. Bad bad bad.
LAR is not exactly a small piece of code, but it probably is clean.
The lzma compression code we use is from mkcromfs and a bit outdated.
That in itself is not a problem, but the code is not exactly easy to read.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/