[coreboot] patch: more path support

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:02:07 CET 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 3:15 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2008 11:13 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> >
> > >         mainboard-vendor = "Emulation";
> > >         mainboard-name = "QEMU x86";

Can we possibly pull this info (or defaults for this info) from Kconfig?

> > >         enabled;
> >
> > Again, is this enabled still needed?
>
> no, it is the default, I keep forgetting to yank it. Fixed.
>

> > >         constructor = "qemuvga_constructors";
> > >         cpus {};
> > >         domain at 0 {
>
> domain at 0 --> domain 0
> > >                 /config/("northbridge/intel/i440bxemulation/dts");
> > >                 bus at 0 {
>
> bus at 0 --> bus 0
> > >                         pci at 0,0 {
>
> pci at 0,0 --> dev 0 function 1
> > >                         };
> > >                         pci at 1,0 {
> pci at 1,0 --> dev 1 function 0

why shorten device to dev and not fuction to func? is it possible to set it
up so people/developers can use either dev or device?

> I'm very happy with the above except for the x at y syntax.
>
> I'm happy to see an alternate, although I don't have a problem with
> the @ myself. I'm used to it from Suns. But propose something
> reasonable that won't break the parser and we can try it.

I don't see the problem either, except that it looks ugly (IMO). I'm fine
with it either way.

> > I don't even understand all the path types. What are they for the
> > different node types?
>
> see comments above, do they make sense?
>
> ron

-Corey