[coreboot] Elf parser in v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:51:55 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:33:48PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
>  > The ELF parser in v3 ought to be removed.
>
>  Do you mean elfboot?

yes indeed.

One big reason is that you don't want to find out, after you have
burned an elf into the coreboot image, that the elf has a problem.

When LAR parses the ELF, you know at coreboot build time that things
are probably ok. When coreboot parses the ELF, you don't know
until power on/reset -- a very bad time to find out there is a problem.

So elfboot should be removed from coreboot. We don't need it in there.

ron