[coreboot] r593 -

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Feb 15 02:52:16 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 05:34:04PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> Note one thing the arrays in the individual files got you. You
> could drag along ALL types of a (e.g.) the intel southbridge even
> when you only specified one of them in a dts.

*nods* Hopefully we can be smart about this also in the future.

> Now, to get all the seperate constructors, you're going to have to
> specify that you use all those parts.

Not so elegant. But thinking about it a bit, this comes back to the
dts. The dts syntax doesn't have a concept of a composite device, so
maybe we should not even try to hack around it?

> That's why I did the array, I now recall, but it probably confused
> everyone, as did this explanation. So never mind.

I agree completely with the concept, just not that implementation. :)

> It's possible we should just go back to linker sets :-) ewwww.

Anything linker may turn out to be troublesome?

//Peter