[coreboot] license header question

Jonathan Sturges jonathansturges at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 05:00:39 CET 2008

I've been meaning to contribute a new Geode target I created some months ago but never got around to sending in. My target is based on another Geode GX1 target (Eaglelion 5BCM).  Since this target's source was already missing the required license headers, do I go ahead and add the headers to the new target's files, or submit without?  It seems unlikely the patch would be accepted without license headers, yet I can't vouch for the origin of the Eaglelion source files, so it would seem presumptuous of me to put a GPL license header in my target's files.  What's the recommended way to handle this situation?

thanks,
Jonathan