[coreboot] Dump GPIO I/O Registers

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 11:12:38 CET 2008

On 18.02.2008 03:25, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:15:55PM -0500, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>
>>> It can't be probed easily, but perhaps reverse engineered with a
>>> bit of effort.
>>>
>> You mean just probing the GPIO pins with a meter to find out which
>> ones are asserted?
>>

> Right.
>

>> There has got to be something easier than that?
>>

> Sometimes it's the only option. :(

You two are possibly misunderstanding each other. Joe wants to simply
dump the register contents (probably to make sure they match between
coreboot and proprietary BIOS). Peter suggests ways to find out where
each GPIO is connected to. Right?

>> Like dumping the I/O space?? But how??
>>

> Even if you manage to find these registers it seems the documentation
> you've got still doesn't say anything about how to interpret the
> data. That's a problem without an easy solution. :\

OK, now that may be a problem, but since Joe already knows the iobase
for these registers, he is probably primarily interested in dumping them
for comparison.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--