[coreboot] v3 patch rm elfboot

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:19:26 CET 2008

I dropped this idea on Stefan and he tells me I am not insane. I even
did it BEFORE coffee :-)

Could a LAR contain more LAR files? i.e. could LAR be recursive.

The recursive nature of LAR files could be trivially mirrored in the code.

So, we could have this:
normal/payload.lar

then, the payload would BE a LAR, and to move it to another LAR,
lar -x bios.bin normal/payload.lar
lar -a newbios.bin payload.lar:normal/payload.lar

Information preserved. Very little code need be added, since LAR
parsing is already in the rom, you just need to cover the case of
supporting LAR-in-LAR.  No new sub-LARs needed.

Comments?

ron