[coreboot] GeForce 8600GT with coreboot [was: m57sli VGA failure]

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Mon Feb 18 21:18:12 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

> > And there still isn't any VGA output.
>
> :(
>
> Can you try a few different graphics cards? My GeForce 6200 cheapo
> card works well.

I've been able to borrow a cheapo ATI RV515 [Radeon X1300] and that one
indeed works. So what is the story with the Nvidia GeForce 8600GT? Why
doesn't the bootrom on the card initialize it properly via the x86
emulator?

Is there /ANYBODY/ who has had some success with an nvidia 8600GT and
coreboot? Or are there other VGA cards that have similar problems?

Something else I noticed is that the CPU fan speed isn't regulated with
coreboot. The K8-temp goes over 90 C and the fan is still reving slow at
800 RPM (nice and quiet, but not so good for my athlons health).

Ronald.