[coreboot] v3 patch rm elfboot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:22:50 CET 2008

I agree.  I don't think it's needed.

> > The recursive nature of LAR files could be trivially mirrored in the
> code.
> >
> > So, we could have this:
> > normal/payload.lar
> >
> > then, the payload would BE a LAR, and to move it to another LAR,
> > lar -x bios.bin normal/payload.lar
> > lar -a newbios.bin payload.lar:normal/payload.lar

I don't see the need for the intermediate step.  Since lar reads lar files,
why not make it so that lar can add entries from other lar files?

> Why not have an option/compression specifier like "nocompress:"? We
> could call it "copy:" and it would copy the individual members of the
> old LAR to the new LAR. No code changes in lib/lar.c needed.

I think we can still use compression flags, and have the code decide whether
it needs to re-compress the entries.

Thanks,
Myles