[coreboot] [RFC] port bochs-bios to gcc

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Feb 22 22:02:12 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:46:11PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> this is a great project and I hope you succeed making the Bochs BIOS code
> more easily extensible/changeable. Please note that a substantial part of
> the code should be obsolete when run with coreboot.

Thanks Carl-Daniel.

I'm not aware of much overlap.  As I understand it, coreboot mostly
deals with low-level hardware initialization.  The bochs-bios was
designed to be used in an emulator and thus doesn't really bother with
hardware initialization.

Most of what is in the bochs-bios deals with implementing the legacy
bios software interrupts, building of the memory bios tables, and

Am I missing something?

-Kevin