[coreboot] SST49LF008A on amd/db800

Phani Babu Giddi phanig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:38:33 CET 2008

Hello All,

I am planning to use the BIOS chip SST49LF008A instead of SST49LF004B on
AMD's Geode LX 800 development board DB800. Do you think this will work
without changing any optiong in Config.lb for this board. 49LF004B is based
on LPC while 49LF008A is based on FWH. I had to change the part because LPC
interface based chip by SST has been EOLed.

The best way for me would have been to test it and find it out myself but
currently coreboot build is failing on Fedora 8 based system even after
applying the rececent patches and updates to LD.

I am just curious does CS5536 has to be initalized in a differently to be
able to boot from FWH ?

Any idea ?

Regards,
Phani