[coreboot] [patch] superiotool dumps environmental controller registers too

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Fri Feb 22 23:37:06 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 23:15 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> There is one problem I'd like to solve before committing: The name of
> the parameter. While "--ec-dump" or "--ecdump" sound great at first,
> both of them have the problem that the acronym "EC" is ambiguous in
> the
> context of Super I/O chips. It can either mean "Environment
> Controller"
> or "Embedded Controller". In the future, superiotool will be able to
> dump settings of both types of these devices, so I fear the parameter
> has to be replaced by something like "--environ-dump".

How about --envctl-dump or maybe (to emphasize the term 'long' option)
--environmental-controller-configuration-dump. I should have spend more
than 2 seconds when copying the new option from the existing --dump,
maybe we wouldn't have had to reach consensus in the first place. I'll
be more careful in the future.

Ronald.

PS. do you want me to re-generate the patch with changed long option?