[coreboot] [patch] superiotool dumps environmental controller registers too

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Sat Feb 23 00:07:04 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 23:48 +0100, Torsten Duwe wrote:

> OTOH the whole thing is about voltages, fans and temperature sensors, right?
> Then there's a package called lm-sensors, so why not --sensors
> or --sensors-dump? "Environment" is also quite ambiguous, and the -s is still
> available, so --sensors* would be my favourite.

The term Environmental Controller comes straight from the ITE datasheet.
This 'sensors' thing might again be confused with only the read-out of
the sensors itself, like lm-sensors (which I omitted from the list, as
I'm only interrested in the settable configuration stuff). It's not only
the sensors, but more the parameters for automatic control of fans by
these sensors and the masking of interrupts that might be generated,
that is of importance for the BIOS to set-up properly.

I still like --ec-dump best...

> 	Torsten

Ronald.