[coreboot] [patch] superiotool dumps environmental controller registers too

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Feb 25 14:57:27 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:26:13AM +0100, Torsten Duwe wrote:
> On Saturday 23 February 2008, Corey Osgood wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
>
> > > Maybe we should wait for input on the name until monday before this is
> > > committed.
>
> > Why not something more generic, like --advanced-dump, --adv-dump,
> > --extra-dump, or something better. That way we cover all bases, without
> > getting into the extremely long options. In the future, when we start
> > messing with embedded controllers, it could cover that as well, [...]
>
> In order to reach consensus, I hereby join the "--extra-dump" crowd.
> Anyone wants to discuss this further?

I like --extra-dump.

Ronald, can you please repost the patch with that rename (and a
Signed-off-by, of course) and also fix the following issues:

 - Add your name/email to the list of contributors in README.

 - Update the manpage and README to document the new option.

 - Make all lines shorter than 80 characters in the code and docs.

If there are no further comments on the new patch, I'll test it on 1-2
ITE boxes and commit.

Thanks, Uwe.