[coreboot] Fwd: Unable to power up db800 with coreboot

Phani Babu Giddi phanig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 18:47:16 CET 2008

Hi,

I am trying to build coreboot for AMD DB800 and that the Linux Kernel is
never started but I see a prompt on the serial terminal "grub" and when I
issue the boot command it complains of "Unsupported boot format". Has any
body seen this before.

  I have a HDD which has SLES 10 SP1 installed on it I have got four
  partitions one of them been a extended partition.

  /dev/hda1 --> boot (ext2)
  /dev/hda2 --> swap
  /dev/hda3 --> Root file system (resierfs)
  /dev/....

  Based on this I have given the following options for FILO, do you think
  this is where the problem is....

  MENULST_FILE = "hda1:/grub/menu.lst"

AUTOBOOT_FILE = "hda1:/vmlinuz initrd hda1:/initrd root=/dev/hda3
  vga=0x317 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200"

Regards,
Phani