[LinuxBIOS] flashrom on the host or target ?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:48:00 CET 2008

Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
> Hi Corey,
>
> Is there a way by which I can use the external programmer to flash the
> complete chip at once. I mean There is the Linux BIOS image which
> includes the kernel and then there is the root file system and a fall
> back image. So that I can have a single file which I can generate and
> distribute.
>
> Have this been done before ?

Yes, you can use an external programmer. Just use the software that's
included with the programmer.

I have a Willem programmer, highly recommend avoiding it, it's junk for
any sort of real work, although it does work in a pinch. I've heard
others speak highly of the Galep 5, but I don't have one.

-Corey