[LinuxBIOS] RESEND: patch: fix the problem with CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA not pulling in the emulator

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Sun Jan 6 02:19:41 CET 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 10:59:14PM +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > > Agreed. How about an additional CONFIG_NONVGA_ROM_RUN?
> > >
> > > This is a good start. I assume you have tested it with abuild. Please

Since I don't touch any board specifics, I checked 3 of the 4 old config
combinations on my working target to make sure it does not break anything.
But abuild didn't show anything either now.

> > > try to get another ack from Ron or Luc as well.
> > >
> > > Acked-by: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>
> >
> > It looks very good from an initial glance, but i will take a more in
> > depth look first before ack :)
>
> Acked-by: Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be>

Thanks,  revision 3034.

*Please* also look at part 2 of the patch I followed up with. These are
ambiguous parts of the code I spotted, and am unsure what is meant there.

I assume it's about VGA resource allocation, namely 0xA0000 to 0xBFFFF memory
getting into the way of AP stacks, which would clearly depend on CONSOLE_VGA,
and no ROM_RUNs