[LinuxBIOS] v3 status

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Mon Jan 7 23:45:34 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> v3 loads and runs on an alix1c.
>
> So far, the only payload that works is a RET. Even a simple OUTB
> followed by a RET fails.
>
> Any ideas on this? I'm flummoxed. Could it be the stack location?
> Stack is at 0x8fxxx.
>
> Also, I have to run at < 1 MB, the memory above 1 MB reads back as all ffffffff.
>
> that's all for today. First payload is a good day. fixing disable_car
> is even better :-)
> we're getting there.
>
> ron

This is good news.

Is it an _asm outb? The stack was working up to that point so I would
assume it is good. Seems like a different problem. In your payload can
you do a push/pop test?

As for 1MB and above, it sounds like GLIUInit() isn't running correctly.
Can you dump RCONF and GLIU MSRs? Something like v2 print_conf() in the
norwich\mainboard.c.

Marc

--
Marc Jones