[LinuxBIOS] Intel refactoring and microcode updates

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 03:36:20 CET 2008

I've separated this into two patches, one code and one microcode, to
improve readability, but they would both have to be committed at once
(else things break). These patches eliminate a lot of repeated code,
make porting and adding new CPUs easier, add all the latest released
microcode updates, and add somewhat experimental support for the latest
lga775 cpus, along with various other currently unsupported CPUs.
Unfortunately, not everything  works quite right yet. Here's the broken
stuff:

 * socket_603: includes all Xeon model f0x, f1x, and f2x cpus. This may
be incorrect, but I can't see any easy way to find out.
 * socket_604: includes all Xeon model f2x, f3x, f4x, and f6x. Same as
above, with the added bonus of being too large to fit with any current
board. It should also include the socket_603 IDs, since socket 603 CPUs
work on socket 604 boards.
 * socket_775: too large to build with most current ports, but it could
probably be broken down into socket_775_pentium and socket_775_core. All
fxx IDs are pentium 4/D, and 6xx IDs are Core/Core 2

For now, I've left the current model_fxx and socket_*60*, so nothing
breaks, but IMO the socket_603/604 I've added should be made to work.

Both patches Signed-off-by: Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>