[LinuxBIOS] Please add support for MX25L8005 and MX25L3205D

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 10 01:25:44 CET 2008

On 10.01.2008 01:00, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> As I've soldered a Sockel for SPI-Chips on my Mainboard (Gigabyte M57SLI4),
> I'd like to test the Chip's which have more space on it, and i've here.
>
> I have those chips, and the sockel but not really skills in programming C, i
> tried to look at the source code from flashrom, but grepping for "MX25L4005"
> (which already works) gives just two results. One result is in the
> flashchips.c file, and the second in flash.h, where in flash.h there is an
> entry for the MX25L8005 chip.
>
> I added in flashchips.c a line for the MX25L8005 chip, and flashrom detects
> it, but i don't know what the values in those lines are exactly for, but just
> correcting the first one to 1024 gives the right size output after the chip
> detction, but verifying after writing to the chip doesn't work. (I think
> there is some more work to do on the flashrom code, or i just have the wrong
> values insert in the flashchips.h file.)

Just adding the right values to flashchips.c is not enough. I need
"flashrom -V" output both with your patch and without your patch.

> It would be really fine, if someone of you could implement that correctly, i
> can and will test if it works.

I can implement support if I have the output mentioned above. Your
problem seems to be caused by the flash translation chip and not the
flash chip.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel