[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOSv3 Config files

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Thu Jan 10 20:28:51 CET 2008

This brings us back to the reason we started this conversation.  I think
it's too bad to force the ROM_size argument from a config file.  Having a
different config file for each architecture * rom_size * console_option *
boot_Device means that no one will implement/maintain them.

I think it would be nice to allow people (maybe only with "Advanced Options"
selected) to configure v3 (at least specify the ROM size and the
architecture) from buildrom.  I think the easier we make it to try out
different things, the more people will try things and help us improve.

We can also do checks to see if payloads will fit from buildrom if we have
some idea about the ROM size.

Myles