[coreboot] [LinuxBIOS] abit be6

Jouni Mettälä jtmettala at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:08:17 CET 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 7:24 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 02:15:34PM +0200, Jouni Mettälä wrote:
> > LinuxBios booted to filo. Motherboard is abit be6. This is azza/pt-6ibd/
> > config using http://coreboot.org/AZZA_PT-6IBD_Build_Tutorial. filo
> > config was also from it.
>
> Cool!
>
> FILO doesn't find a hard drive at hda. Do you have one there?
>
> Either way, it would be nice if you could use memtest as payload and
> let it run for a few hours to check that RAM is set up right.
>

> //Peter

 It now boots with filo. This time with different filo Config file. # means
these lines were commented out.

#USE_GRUB = 1
MENULST_TIMEOUT = 6 -> = 10
VGA_CONSOLE = 1 -> VGA_CONSOLE = 0
PC_KEYBOARD = 1 -> PC_KEYBOARD = 0
#SUPPORT_PCI = 1
#PCI_BRUTE_SCAN = 1
added
DEBUG_ALL = 1

using single 64M chip memtest was ok after 20 minutes. If longer time is
needed then I test new version of memtest. Reading supported motherboards
azza/pt-6ibd/ works also with 64MB it is marked as WIP.

Keyboard isn't working yet. Tested ps/2 keyboard. Using kernel as boot file
it boots. I can't log in with keyboard  or minicom. This could be something
simple I don't now. Writing of boot line works with minicom.

Maybe I could add some useful logs with using some startup scripts?

Slightly edited minicom log is attached. It might still have something
unneccessary lines.