[coreboot] SST25VF016B (2MB) flash on m57sli (IT8716F).

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Fri Jan 18 22:01:28 CET 2008

Thanks for the explanations, however vague ;-). I thought I was the only
one wandering in the dark..

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 23:38 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> other indexes, there is. Does this mean that the superio.c file fails
> > configure this io port?
>
> yes, it means that the port is not configured. There is a lot of TODO
> in this file.
> It may be time to fill it in.

Might this also be the cause of the NVIDIA X11 driver not working yet?

Can you just give me a push in the right direction how to 'fill it in'?
How can I configure the SPI io port in LDN 07, index 0x64 and 0x65 and
what io address to configure it to? Can I just pick 0x820 like the
vendor bios does? Or do I ask it to the pnp functions (I guess)? What
pnp function to use? Is there some more complete example superio chip
that does similar things to do the copycat monkey-learns-trick?

Hope the 1/2 day off was worth it...

Ronald.